Power Hungry Performance Hydra Chip 7.3L Powerstroke
This item is a Power Hungry Performance Hydra Chip for 1994-2003 7.3 Powerstroke. This is the best aftermarket performance chip on the market for 7.3L Powerstroke, hands down. The Hydra chip can hold up to 15 calibrations plus two more; the built-in bypass (diagnostic purposes) and No Start (Theft). This is a fully switch-on-the-fly platform. Users have the flexibility to program several standard PHP calibrations to their chip from Power Hungry’s database using the HydraFlash software.This is COMPLETELY free! Just connect the Hydra via USB cable to your PC and after few clicks, the programing is all done. Watch how to use HydraFlash HERE.
7.3L owners with modified engines that require custom tuning can enjoy the beauty of never having to mail their chip off for calibrations or revisions. Just receive via email from your favorite tuner using HydraFlash.
Modifications that require custom tuning (not included):
- Modified injectors
- Alternate fuels (veggie oil, waste oil, trans fluid)
- Engine modifications; camshafts, compression changes
- Modified large single or twin turbos
- Aggressive high pressure oil systems (except Adrenaline, SRP, Terminator T-500
- Power Adders (Nitrous, Water/Meth, Propane)
- Modified Transmissions (except BTS Valve Body, John Wood Valve Body or TransGo Tugger Kit.
The Hydra chip is very safe and fairly easy to install with basic hand tools. It plugs into the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) and the display switch mounts on any flat surface. Watch how to install HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions are HERE
- Hydra Chip package includes the chip, digital switch, ribbon cable, and USB cable.
- 17 TOTAL POSITIONS including built-in Module Bypass (for diagnostics or emissions testing) and No-Start
- Easy to read TWO DIGIT removable display switch that mounts on any flat surface for maximum convenience
- Optional dash-mounted USB cable and bracket for permanent installation
- Program/reprogram the chip using the optional USB extension cable and bracket
- Supports most competitors’ calibrations
- Fully compatible with PATS-equipped vehicles
- Update and Reprogram ONLINE using our FREE HydraFlash™ software
- Choose from our extensive library of standard calibrations
- Program and Verify ONE or MORE positions with one click
- Program calibrations in ANY POSITION(s) — or leave ANY positions blank!
- A single position takes less than 20 seconds to Program and Verify
- Read the factory PCM calibration directly through the chip
- Print out your own customized calibration list
- Update chip online with new features as they become available
|IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CALIBRATIONS
1994 to 1997 and early 1999 PowerStroke and International trucks are fitted with smaller volume injectors than the late 1999 and up Super Duty trucks, and as such are limited to increases of about 65 HP for the 1994 to 1997 and 100 HP for the early 1999. Some trucks, depending on tolerances, may be able to utilize up to 80 HP and 120 HP respectively, but we cannot guarantee that the power gains will be achieved.
1994-1997 TRUCKS WILL HAVE FEWER CALIBRATION SELECTIONS DUE TO THE POWER LIMITATIONS OF THE FACTORY STOCK INJECTORS. ADDITIONALLY, TRUCKS WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS WILL HAVE FEWER CALIBRATION SELECTIONS DUE TO THE PROGRAMMING CHANGES THAT ARE MADE TO SHIFTING BETWEEN TOW AND POWER CALIBRATIONS.
ALL 7.3L PSDs WILL HAVE A MINIMUM OF 15 CALIBRATIONS AVAILABLE.
DUE TO THE LIMITATIONS OF INTERNATIONAL VEHICLES, ONLY 7-10 CALIBRATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE
|Stock or Modified Stock
||Useful for emissions or diagnostic purposes
|25hp Extremely Heavy Tow
|40hp Heavy Tow
||10,000 -12,500 pounds
|65hp Moderate Tow
||7,500 – 10,000 pounds
|80hp Light Tow
||Up to 7,500 pounds
|65hp Daily Driver
||Good for all-around daily driving and economy
|80hp Daily Driver
||A little more aggressive than a Daily Driver while still
maintaining manageable smoke output
||Play time! Offers a more aggressive fuel curve for
improved low RPM response and top end power
||This is as big as it gets! (On stock injectors, anyway)
|High Idle – 1,000rpm
||Ideal for PTO operation or for faster warm-ups.
We do not recommend exceeding 1,200rpm for safety reasons.
|High Idle – 1,100rpm
|High Idle – 1,200rpm
||Hit the drive-thru and place your order or do your banking
without having to shut off your truck
|Valet Mode 25 mph
||Lowers the speed limiter
|Valet Mode 35 mph
|Valet Mode 45 mph
|Teen Driver™ 65mph
||Locks the speed limiter at 65mph
|Teen Driver™ 75mph
||Locks the speed limiter at 75 mph
*Due to injector size, stock 1994 to 1997 trucks can only order calibrations up to 80HP. Early 1999 can go up to 100HP. Late 2001 to 2003 PSDs can not order the 140X tune because they have Powdered Metal Rods.
All Hydra Chips will ship blank, unless specified. If you’d like the calibrations pre-loaded, please include PCM / DPC Code.
CALIFORNIA CARB NOTICE – NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA